Wednesday, October 18, 2006


Boat Quay... In the night time this place lights up and it just a nice hangout spot for drinks.

These are all tombstones of people that fought for the island in the 1820's to 1840's. All the tombstones say wher ethey were from. I even found a spaniard there. I haven't seen one Spanish or Hispanic person here, so I was excited about seeing that.
The National Singapore Museum where I saw the Cartier exhibit. Cartier was the first person to see a diamond for over 1 million dollars. That piece of Jewelry was given to non other than Elizabeth Taylor.



Another fun fact, most of the richest families in the world had their own precious stones and they would go to Cartier with the idea of what they wanted done with their own jewels and Cartier would only charged for craftmenship.


The Spice Garden...Fort Canning Park has a Culinary school and has a spice garden right there on the park. They work in conjunction with Johnson and Wales University.
They had many different spices. I just took a picture of the cloves. I also saw mint leaves and cinnamon.

Fort Canning Park...These two copulas are original from the beginning of time and have been kept there. The highest point of the island was Fort Canning and from where I am you were able to see the entire island. This is not the case anymore as the trees and all the big buildings don't let you see the water that surrounds the island. I also can't help but think about how small these people were. I barely fit in the copula.

Enid P. "History will tell you what experience hasn't"

1 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

great post, i learned something, haha.

elizabeth taylor, haha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home